Monday, August 20, 2012

Two Places Closed in Mid-Missouri

I always hate to see a place go under.

Recently two places appear to have closed in Mid-Missouri, with no hope in site for them.

First, we have Native Stone/Bull Rock Brewery by Jefferson City.  I reader passed over to me that they have locked their doors with no announcements and are now Up for Sale.

We were not kind to Native Stone/Bull Rock when we reviewed them, and I really don't buy the – “We’re going to simplify our lives” quote.  Everything I had heard stated that they were struggling and it all comes down to that.  Again, I hate to see a place close – but (IMO) this one was preventable.

Meanwhile – Galactic Fun Zone appears to be no more as well.  Their doors had shut at the beginning of Summer, and a note in the door had stated “Opening in August Under New Management”.  With the sign down and a new paint job – I had hoped that this was a salvageable situation, especially after this article in the Columbia Tribune.

However, Saturday I saw they were holding an auction – and an auction means reduction in inventory.  This does not bode well.

I am particularly saddened by the loss of Galactic Fun Zone – because I got to know Monte and he really did seem like a personable and well liked individual.  When he is quoted as saying -

“Ethical things were being done that I did not want to be a part of,” he said. The daily operations and “business practices” weren’t being handled in a way he agreed with, he said. Nor was, he said, “the method of bill payment.”

then there are issues. 

Hopefully the new management of both of these places can re-establish clientele and institute sound business models.

We hope for their success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics