Friday, August 12, 2011

Berlin Wall

Tomorrow commemorates the beginning of the building of the Berlin Wall on 13 August 1961.

As a soldier during the Cold War, I remember exactly where I was on 9 November 1989 when the Wall was being torn down (in Asbach Germany at Tivoli Park with Alby) and thinking HOLY CRAP…..the system works.

I also have two other dates that tie to the Wall -

July 20th 1990 – I was in Berlin and actually knocking pieces off the wall (see pic)

July 21st 1990 – I was at the Roger Waters “The Wall” Concert on Potsdam Platz.  It was one of the most epic experiences in my life and one I will always remember.

So – How about we drink a new drink to commemorate

Berlin Wall

4oz Ginger Ale

1splash grenadine

1oz Jack Daniels (I prefer Maker’s in this)

1oz Vodka (Ed preference = Crystal Skull)

1oz Jagermeister (no replacement needed – Jager stands up well on it’s own)

Serve shaken with a cherry garnish sword toothpick

Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics