Friday, June 3, 2011

Operation Cupcake

For those of you who do not know, I used to work in Military Intelligence.

29390_1466964077104_1323618903_31244699_6426829_nWhile I wasn’t an analyst, I was around those people and I went on more than my fair share of “Black Operations”. 

I also have a twisted sense of humor, as does 99% of the rest of the intel community.

So, that being said….I somewhat get the humor in the latest MI6 attack on al-Qaeda, called Operation Cupcake….but I also see the failure in it as well.

Apparently, al-Qaeda has an online magazine that targets potential recruits and MI6 was able to hack into it and change the stories.  The main one in question was by “The AQ Chef” and it gave instructions/a recipe for creating a pipe bomb out of kitchen items.  What MI6 did was funny, but also wrong.  They replaced the recipe with “The Best Cupcakes in America” as featured on Ellen DeGeneres…including the Mojito Cupcake-

“made of white rum cake and draped in vanilla buttercream”a

Again, the humor doesn’t escape me, but what they should have done (rather than something so obvious) is either tamper with the original bomb plans to make the bomb inert, or make the explosive so unstable that it would kill whoever was making it.  This could have been done discreetly enough that al-Qaeda would never know they were compromised…and possibly saved live and taken a few of them with it.

Come on guys…you blew (pun intended) a great chance here.  You need to step up your game.  Now where is that TacJam?  I have some “Killing and Arab” to play.

Cheers

PS – Crap, one of my TacJams is a Museum Piece at Tobyhanna…I feel old.  Remember working on the antenna positioner Laity?

tacjam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics