Saturday, July 31, 2010

A man you don’t meet everyday

Facebook is one of those things, where every day something new/unusual pops up.

Recently, I came across someone I knew way back in the day….when I was young and in Germany.  He was a fellow 33 named Pete Ferrari.

I will be honest, Pete and I never saw eye to eye (Pete would say that is being kind), and I don’t know if it was generational or just me being an ass…but needless to say, I always respected what he did as a 33 with the Alpha Co. systems.

Anyway, I found Pete and reached out to him, and I hope he can see that (even) I have matured a little bit since those crazy days back in Katterbach.

So, why is this here on Smokes and Booze?  First, Pete has written a book about his later life and his struggles with Parkinson’s Disease.  While, I haven’t read it yet…I know Pete, and I also know the struggles of my own niece, so it’s on order and I can’t wait to get it.  

Secondly, Pete’s wife Anne is a musician and she did a cover of one of my favorite songs- Jock Stewart (A man you don’t meet every day).  She even did it in the fashion of the Pogues, with a woman singing the man’s part.  It IS really good, and you can hear the song via this YouTube Clip that also outlines (somewhat) Pete’s Story.  Pete even mixed the music himself.

If you are looking for some Irish/Celtic Music, check out the rest of her album HERE and if you are so inclined to throw some support to an aging vet, check out the book too.

Also, if you are a musician (Steve) or writer (Kevin or Chris), these guys sure could use some help/suggestions in marketing or distribution.  Look Pete up on FB (HERE) if you can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics