Friday, April 16, 2010

Meet Laura Hall

Laura HallWho is Laura Hall you ask?  Laura Hall is the 20 year old woman from the UK who has recently become the first person banned from every Pub in the UK and Wales.  That’s right, EVERY PUB.

This outrageous ruling also bans her from “buying alcohol at any other establishment or shop, carrying it in an unsealed container or drinking it in a public place.”

You gotta be kidding me. 

Her crime?

She was convicted of a series of public order offences, and had blew off similar bans from local pubs and clubs her home town of Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Now, I have been to the UK several times, and I really enjoy it…..and I have seen some out of control drunks there too, so either this woman is off the reservation or she is being made example of.  Either way, talk about infringing on someone’s rights. 

I often refer to the UK as a Nanny State, but this time they take the cake.

The Daily Mail Article can be found HERE.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this yesterday... almost sent you the article. I had to laugh... not sure how bad you have to get to be banned from drinking in all licensed establishments. I'd think it has to be pretty far out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing can be done in the US with regards to probation restrictions. You can agree to terms that include not drinking or avoiding bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but that is mandated by a Judge....not the cops.

    Personally, if given those choices, I would make a statement and go to Jail.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics