Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wild Blue Blueberry Lager

Ok, Debi brought in one of her beers to sample, Wild Blue Blueberry Lager....and I should have known from the the deep magenta-purple body and thin pink head that this was NOT going to be a beer that I liked.

The nose wasn't overpowering, instead it was almost like a light wine cooler. There is no way this could be a beer. After one drink, I'm still not sure it is. I could make out no hops or maltyness....it was just to sweet. The flavor of the Blueberries was just to much and other flavors couldn't work their way through.

IMO, it's kinda cool, for novelties sake or maybe a dessert beer...but I wouldn't buy it again unless Debi requested it. Considering this is an attempt by Anheuser-Busch to get into the "Micro-Brew" market, I think they should go back to R&D and rethink their position....stick with what they know.

This is defiantly one of those beers that Debi could buy a 6-pack and I wouldn't touch it.

If ever there was a girly beer...this is it. I would love to see anyone (Debi's) feedback if they have tried this one.

PS - The picture below does not do it justice on the color, it has to be seen to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics