Friday, October 30, 2009

Cruzado Avalitos



So here we are with my first installment of "Smokes and Booze".

My day is about to wrap here in MO, and it's been a long week. I thought I would kick things off with my current favorite cigar, Cruzado Avalitos - Petit Robus (by Illusione Cigars).

My friends who are history buffs and Freemasons might recognize the logo on the box straight away. In fact, I will admit that is what drew me to this particular cigar at first. However, one light and I realized I had underestimated the little nicotine rockets contained.

As a "Micro-Brew" tobacco company, Dion Giolito (of Illusione fame) has really put together an excellent blend of tobacco that not only burns smoothly, but evenly, with excellent flavors (I swear that towards the middle of the stick I taste Chocolate) at a fairly reasonable price.

The one downside to this cigar is finding it. Sure, the internet can get you almost anything, but when it comes to Brick and Mortar shops...this one is a toughie. So far, my best luck has been at Tinderbox Vino 100 in Columbia MO. Kevin runs a great show and has a smoking lounge in the back. If you are friendly, he might let you sample some of the booze too :)

Like I said, this is a pretty good cigar with a little nostalgia thrown in. As a petite, it might not burn long enough for some peoples tastes...but for a winter cigar (those who's wives wont let them smoke inside will understand), it's perfect.

Smoke up and enjoy.

1 comment:

 
Web Statistics